Building Energy Certification
FLATT provide Energy Performance Certificates for the sale, lease or rent of buildings, including predictive energy assessments to assist the design process and support planning submissions.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)
We offer a comprehensive building energy certification service for both commercial and residential properties.
Design options can be assessed to evaluate and demonstrate compliance with Building Regulations, BREEAM and HQM Assessments. This includes the provision of SAP and SBEM calculations for buildings of all types and complexity.
Energy Certification Services
- Residential SAP/PEA analysis for new dwellings
- Building Regulations Part L SBEM Analysis (Level 3, 4 and 5)
- Building regulations Part L Energy and Emission Assessments
- Residential Energy Performance Certification (EPC)
- Commercial Building Energy Performance Certification (EPC)
- Display Energy Certificates (DEC) for Public Buildings
- Building Regulations Part G Water Usage Calculations
- Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards Compliance
- BREEAM Certification
Building Regulation Compliance (SAP/SBEM)
Energy Performance assessments for new Residential properties are undertaken using Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) calculations to demonstrate Building Regulation Part L compliance and inform Energy Statements.
Commercial developments are assessed using the Simple Building Energy Model (SBEM) to demonstrate their compliance with Building Regulations Part L.
On completion of a project, we will lodge the EPC on the National Register on behalf of the Client.
Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES)
The Energy Efficiency (Private Rented Sector) (England and Wales) Regulations 2015 make it unlawful from April 2018 to let residential or commercial properties that have an EPC of ‘F’ or ‘G’.
We can advise clients of opportunities to improve their existing buildings energy performance to meet the ‘Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards’ (MEES).