Environmental Assessment & Certification
FLATT offer a range of environmental assessments to meet a Client and Local Authorities sustainability requirements, such as:
- BREEAM Environmental Assessments (New Construction / Refurbishment)
- WELL Health and Wellbeing Standard
- LEED Assessment (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)
- Home Quality Mark (HQM)
We ensure that sustainability is included at the very heart of the design from day one.
To support the accreditation process, FLATT offer:
- BREEAM Accredited Professionals (AP)
- Lifecycle Analysis (LCA) Embodied Carbon
- Energy Statements and Carbon Emission Reports
- Energy Demand Prediction and Monitoring
- Adaptation to Climate Change Analysis
- End of Life and Functional Adaptation Strategy
- Material Efficiency Reporting
- Thermal Comfort Analysis
- CIBSE Overheating Analysis Under TM59 (Residential) and TM52 (Commercial)
- Passive Design Strategies
- Indoor Air Quality Strategies
- Renewable Energy Strategies
- Water Efficiency Strategies; Rainwater Harvesting, Grey Water Recycling
- Daylight and Sunlight Studies
- External Light Pollution Studies
- Studies of Pollution from Building Services
Sustainable Master Planning
Our sustainability statements demonstrate the environmental credentials of a proposed development.
Working with you, we will help identify the most cost effective opportunities to meet the targets of Local Authorities and Clients.
In addition, we will undertake a detailed review of the energy strategy for the building, to establish a holistic, sustainable approach to the design of sustainable buildings for the future.
From the design brief, our BREEAM Accredited Professionals (AP) and Building Services Engineers can assist in implementing the design proposals.
Cost Effective Sustainable Development
The benefits of an effective sustainability strategy include:
- Enhanced chance of successful planning application
- Improved profile and marketability of a development
- Safer and healthier living and working environments
- Reduction of construction waste
- Reduction of building’s operating costs
We provide concise tracking of all BREEAM, WELL and HQM assessments, allowing the project team to stay up to date with the assessment progress.