Undertake the role of a building physics / energy consultant advising team members on Energy and Low Carbon design matters.
The following summarises the work included within the role.
- Undertake dynamic thermal analysis of buildings using IES-ve software.
- Undertake load assessments, daylight studies, operational energy modelling, over heating risk assessments, thermal comfort analysis, natural ventilation analysis etc.
- Develop your knowledge of SBEM calculations and using IES to undertake this analysis. Awareness and experience of SAP calculations is beneficial.
- Undertake Energy Statements Exploring design options through the analysis and summarise the benefits and shortfalls of each when preparing reports. Take part in workshops with design teams to drive the energy / low carbon agenda and provide clear briefing sessions, resolve design challenges and give clear direction to the team.
- Assist BREEAM Assessors in preparing specialist supporting reports.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of relevant Building Regulations and in particular Part.O and Part L as well as other technical standards and references such as London Plan, CIBSE, LETI, RIBA 2030.
- Undertake training continued professional development to lead to obtaining CIBSES Energy Assessor qualifications and the ability to produce Energy performance Certificates.
About your colleagues
A social bunch made up of dog lovers, cyclists, sports players/supporters and foodies with a great sense of humour!